Saturday 3 October 2009

Real Men Knit

Unconfined Mind has released a documentary called Real Men Knit.
I've only seen the trailer so far, but I like the trailer and the concept. I like that they are all just regular guys, and I hope a lot of men who see this documentary will realise that knitting is something they can try out without feeling that it threatens their masculinity.
Because knitting is not only addictive(trust me, it is..), it's also therapeutic and sort of like meditating, and it's nice to fiddle with something while watching tv/films or on the bus or whenever you have to sit still for a while but have too much energy to do so.



Even though I think it's all very great, I get a little annoyed when they say that knitting was invented by men, so in that way, it's ok for men to knit because they need to reclaim a tradition that originally belonged to them.. - who cares who started it? I see that it's a valid argument, but it's not a necessary one. It would have been ok no matter what. Cool men knit ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment