Sunday 11 October 2009

the prettiest usb lead in the universe

I'm proud to be the owner of the prettiest usb lead in the universe, and I've decorated it aaaall by myself. I used lots of funky novelty yarn and wool and some acrylic paint for the computery parts that I couldn't cover with yarn.

The picture quality is rubbish as my camera is broken, so I had to use my camera phone.

jazzed up usb cable

jazzed up usb cable

jazzed up usb cable


My 10 year old laptop has been born again as a new shiny purple thing! I used normal acrylic paint and water based glossy varnish. Probably not the thing for a brand new expensive computer, but mine was old and worn out and f***** ugly so *anything* I could have done to it would have been an improvement. And so far the paint job looks fine:
my jazzed up purple laptop

I want to decorate the top of it more, but I still haven't worked out what I want on it. In a perfect world where computers didn't switch off from overheating, I would have covered the lid with some matching purple long haired faux fur.

I had to have a go at decorating the usb for my mouse too..

jazzed up purple laptop and mouse usb cable


jazzed up mouse usb cable


The leads reminds me of of hand spun art yarn. I've seen people making diy drop spindles on the internet to spin yarn, and I'm thinking of trying it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment