Tuesday 13 October 2009

cat etchings by Ola Steen

I've been covering my drawings with blobs and spots lately, just like Ola Steen has done in these etchings. Tons of spots can transform a normal looking drawing into a mad psychedelic confusing thing(and that is obviously something we want, isn't it!?). Ola Steen works with old fashioned methods to make prints (etching) and takes care in selecting the paper and I think it gives his work an extra depth. Not that I don't love Photoshop or wish that I lived in the past, - and hey, I love polished, glossy computer-made art.. But I love art with a bit of grittiness to it even more.


This kitty is feeling especially sneaky and clever about something:

Cuddle-cat is smiling before and after cuddles:

Awww drowsy-puss has melancholy in it's eyes:


I need more cats in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment