Friday 3 July 2009

paintings by camilla d'errico

This lady is half Italian, half Canadian. It doesn't come as a big surprise that she started out doing comics, her paintings are totally manga comic inspired.







Aww how cute is this lamb thing:


Donnie Darko!! :


This Japanese manga comic style seems to be a trend at the moment, and Camilla D'errico is totally doing it right, yet adding her own flavour to the style. Her paintings are amazing and totally cute.

But where are all the boys?? I LOVE love love all the pretty little girls, but I'm sure I would also love the boys if I saw them. There seems to be a major lack of boys in this type of art - and in any type of art in general that isn't for homosexual men.

I feel inspired. I feel the need to do cute stuff. I'm not sure it's a good turn, as my art has become too sugary as it is and need a bit of serious in it. I feel the need to paint more men - only to even things out a little, and I feel like using colours. Sooo when my fingers are starting to hurt too much from my knitting obsession, I will surely start a new painting. I don't think it will be too long, as they hurt a lot as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment