Tuesday 21 July 2009

onion cozy and other knitted cozies

I've made a lot of fluffy cozies for things. Plant cozies, tool cozies.. still no beer cozy though. I know, shocking, eh? But I drink my beer far too fast for it to get warm anyway.
I've been incorporating loads of fluff and wool and different bits of yarn in these cozies, wanting them to be like some sort of tropical, strange moss. The pictures are blurry and shite as I had to take them with my phone.

Here are some of the first cozies I made grouped together. The one with the pink bits was for my friend Kat, and the one on the right was for my boyfriend's plant. We had to re-pot it straight afterwards, so I had to knit it a brand new cozy (oh no, cozy drama).

Here's the plant in it's new cozy:

This cozy is MASSIVE, it's the size of a sweater:
The goth in me claims this as my favourite:

And this is a cozy everyone should own.. an onion cozy:Ahh, it couldn't be more diy if it tried. I found this onion growing in a cupboard and gave it a new home in the form of a tin can with a knitted cozy around it. The onion lives outside on my balcony, so I made the cozy for it looking more organized than the others, as outside-world is sort of messy as it is. Bring the nature inside and the inside outside(up is down and wrong is right etc).

I wish my hands would stop hurting from all the knitting so I could cover another tin can or flower pot with amazing knitted fluff.

What else do you think I should knit cozies for??

No comments:

Post a Comment