Friday 5 June 2009

borderline journal

This is possibly the strangest thing I've found on Etsy so far. I wish I could afford it, but I'm always broke and it costs $375. I don't think it's a bad price for what it is. It must be hard putting a price on something like this - it's someone's personal journal.

This is what the seller has to say about the journal:

"This is my journal from roughly age 16-18. I spent most of that time in psychiatric residential treatment, and mental hospitals. I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder, and attempted suicide multiple times. I have toyed with the Idea of cleaning this up, and attempting to get it published, but that has proven too difficult for me, emotionally. It is a standard lined 'marble' notebook. Every page is filled. There are a few drawings, most done in crayon, as that was all I was allowed sometimes." TheBillyburgReject
I'm loving the decorated, taped cover. I used to have journals like this at that age but I burnt them in case someone would read it if I suddenly died:


Click on the pictures to get a bigger version if you want to read the text - I think you should read it, as it's actually a really good read!:



I like the bit about talking loud and singing etc to stay grounded. It reminds me of lucid dreaming and the stuff I do in dreams in order to stay in the dream when I feel I'm about to drift away to wakedness.

I would totally read the rest of this journal. I love secret stuff though, and looking at stuff I'm not supposed to see, so maybe the fact that it is a journal, and supposed to be secret makes it all the more special to me. I bet it makes it special for other people too, just because people are voyeurs. And it's totally different when it's the original, and not a printet copy. It's extra special.

Check out TheBillyburgReject's shop on Etsy if you want to buy the journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment