Saturday 17 July 2010

Spot Portraits by Timothy Cummings

I'm getting more and more interested in seeing/making art with lots of dots and patterns on the subjects. I like how making patterns on the subject can both take away from the subject, cover it up and at the same time add something to it, make it something different or even more like itself. Also the end result is often very mad and busy, and that is a bonus in itself;)

I love Timothy Cumming's Spot Portraits, I like how the patterns are sometimes like tattoos and decorations, sometimes like some kind of disease, and other times like they've been painted on, totally covering and obliterating the subject.





The fact that I love this painting proves that I never fully got over my teen angst:









I know I posted lots of paintings, but there's still more! See more spot portraits here: http://www.daboragallery.com/spotportraits.html

No comments:

Post a Comment